Vanilla Pistachio Chocolate Treats
This no bake recipe was adapted from one I found searching one day. Comprised of three delicious layers, these bars are easy to assemble from healthy ingredients. The treats are nutritionally dense and delicious. Both the vanilla bread and the chocolate sauce recipe are great standalone items that are perfect additions to your own recipes or to use as starting points for your own experiments!
Vanilla Bread Ingredients:
- 1 Scoop BNB Vanilla Ice Cream Whey Isolate Protein
- 3/4 Cup Oat Flour
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Flour
- 1/4 Cup Walden’s Farms Pancake Syrup (or liquid Sweetener of Choice)
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil, in a liquid state
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2/3 Cup Shelled Pistachios
- 1 and 1/2 Tbsp Walden’s Syrup or Sweetener of Choice
- 1/4 tsp salt if the Pistachios were unsalted, no salt if they were salted
- 1/4 Cup Chocolate Chips
- 1/4 Cup Almond Milk or Milk of Choice
- Line a Bread pan, or similar pan, with parchment paper.
- Cut a second piece of parchment paper and keep it next to the pan.
- Vanilla Bread Layer
- Combine the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix well.
- Add syrup and coconut out to the dry ingredients. Stir the best you can with a spoon but you’ll have to kneed it with your hands and fingers until thoroughly mixed.
- Immediately place dough in bread pan and
- Spread/press the dough on top of the parchment paper in the bottom of the pan.
- Place the other piece of parchment paper on top of the dough and smooth/even the dough out some more.
- Leave the top layer of paper on and refrigerate while you make the pistachio layer.
- Pistachio Layer
- Add the pistachio layer ingredients into a food processor and process. Take it as fine as you want but fine enough to spread.
- Remove pan from the refrigerator and remove the top piece of parchment paper.
- Spoon the pistachio mixture on top of the vanilla bread and spread with the spoon.
- Place the parchment paper on top of the pistachio layer and smooth/even the pistachio over the bread.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes and then prepare the chocolate layer.
- Place chocolate chips in a small bowl and set aside.
- Heat 3 Tbsp of milk in the microwave or stovetop until hot.
- Pour milk into bowl with chocolate chips and DO NOT STIR!
- Set a timer for 10 minutes and do not stir those chocolate chips yet.
- Remove pan from oven, remove parchment paper and set aside.
- After the timer goes off, mix the chocolate chips and milk together with a wire whisk until it’s a thick chocolate sauce.
- Spoon the chocolate on top of the pistachio layer and spread out as evenly as possible.
- Refrigerate for 30-60 minutes until set.
- Loosen the edges from the pan and remove from pan. The parchment paper on the bottom will let it come right out.
- Remove parchment paper and cut into 12 bars.
- EAT THESE NOW!
Macros Per Bar (1 Bar = 1/12th of total recipe)