Chocolate Protein Donuts with a Vanilla Protein Glaze
These donuts are delicious, healthy and easy to make. Cooked in the oven instead of a fryer, anyone can quickly make these donuts with readily available ingredients. They provide a tasty high protein alternative to traditional donuts. Dipped in a vanilla protein glaze, these donuts each contain a little over 10g of protein. Complete macros below recipe.
- 1 Scoop BNB Smooth Chocolate Protein Powder
- 3 Tbsp Coconut Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 2-3 Tbsp sweetener of choice
- 1 Egg
- 3 Tbsp Egg Whites
- 1/4 Cup Unsweetened Applesauce
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract •Preheat oven to 325, spray a donut pan with non stick spray and set aside.
- Combine dry ingredients in one bowl and set aside.
- Combine wet ingredients in a separate bowl; pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix completely.
- Evenly distribute batter for six donuts in the pan.
- Bake for 9-12 minutes at 325 until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove donuts from pan as within a few minutes after they’ve finished cooking.
This is a simple way to make glaze that gets thick real quick so don’t make it until you take the donuts out of the pan.
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Milk (or any milk)
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- Mix Coconut milk and protein in a measuring cup with a fork. At first it will seem like you need more liquid but it will thin out as you mix it.
- Immediately pour glaze into a bowl that’s a little larger than your donuts.
- Immediately dip donuts, one at a time, into the glaze and set aside.
- Give the donuts a second dip.
- EAT THOSE DONUTS!!
Macros For All 6 Donuts:
Recipe by Rob Engelman IG: robs_not_done